We know. “Conventional Wisdom” says to sell or buy only in spring or by summer. Well, that is not entirely true — especially in Washington, East Peoria & Peoria. Home sales are still brisk. In fact, we find things pick up in late September, as people return from vacations and want to settle into new homes by the holidays.
Why sell in the fall?
1. There is less competition on the market which gives sellers an advantage.
2. Have kids? It’s much easier to keep the house “show ready” when kids are in school.
3. Vacations are over so there are more buyers in town.
4. Buyers that are looking for homes in the fall are serious buyers.
5. Who doesn't love fall decor? Warm fall colors invite buyers in.
6. Who wants to move while it’s 90 degrees?
Why buy in the fall?
1. Houses that have been on the market awhile are ready to deal – some of the best deals of the year are made in the fall.
2. It’s so much easier to look while the kids are at school, right?
3. Avoid multiple offers – less competition for hot new properties.
4. Take advantage of year end sales to furnish your new home.
5. Price reductions typically start to happen in August – houses that you thought were out of your range in the spring will come into view.
6. Easier to book closings, movers, inspections…everything!
Still unsure? Give us a call and we’ll give you an honest market assessment and key insights you just can’t get elsewhere. We grew up here, immersed in the ebbs and flows of these markets for decades.